Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Hooking up with a quick and easy linky party over at Kindergarten Lifestyle entitled "Kids Say the Darndest Things!". Seeing as all of my kids are language learners, either English or Spanish, you can believe I have a few great (and adorable) ones to choose from!

I have lunch once a week with some of my students as a reward for doing something helpful in the classroom. During one of these lunches, I was chatting with one of my little ELLs about her recent trip to Disney. I'll let you read the rest below...it's one of my favorites!


I would have to agree- ALLIGATORS can be kind of scary ;). Especially if you fall into one!

Never a dull moment! 

Don't forget to link up to my BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION linky party as well and share with me how you like to celebrate in your classroom! Click on the link below to take you to the original post! 





5 comments:

  1. That's so cute, I can totally relate as i'm an ELL teacher too! Just found your blog, i'm your newest follower :)

    Come on over for a visit!
    Kaleigh's Klassroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Kaleigh. I am excited to check out your blog as well! I love idea swappin :)

      Delete
  2. Hi there, adorable blog! I just found you and am your newest follower. I love all the things kids say. LOL
    Come over and visit me sometime.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky! I will most def. give you a visit! Looking forward to sharing ideas :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Krista, your blog is too cute! I began my teaching career subbing in many ELL classrooms and I remember some of the funniest things they used to say. I remember teaching a 4th grade class about the water cycle. I asked does anyone know what a "cycle" is? One boy raised his hand and said "A psycho is a crazy man." I had to work so hard on keeping a straight face!! Thanks for joining my blog, I am following you as well:)

    ReplyDelete