Thursday, June 21, 2012

Craftin' Day: Flower Clips

I made a trip to JoAnn Fabrics today and went a little crazy. I have been in the midst of revamping my classroom color scheme from a hodgepodge of colors and polka dots to something more uniform (and of course keeping up with my superheroes throughout). The colors I have chosen to stick with and tie in throughout are black, pink, green, and yellow. Imagine my blog colors with a splash of green ;)!

While at JoAnn, I found some flower pins in the dollar bins. I snagged four that went with my color scheme and thought they would make adorable magnets! To make them even more user friendly magnets, I decided to add them to clothepins so that I could clip papers to the board with them etc. I got the idea for the clips from Mrs. Collatos @ First Grade is 'Toad'ally Awesome, and tweaked it to fit my room!


(The safety pins are just hot glued on the back and are pretty easy to rip off.)


Here are my finished magnets with some of the new bulletin board fabric I got today. (Note: All of these patterns were 30% off today, and I got my additional 20% teacher discount. Great time to go!)


Alrighty- off to link this creation up to Tara's "Monday Made It". I so love all of the great ideas I see there each week! Check it out....and yes, I know it isn't Monday...but you can link up all week!





6 comments:

  1. Krista! Those are adorable:)))) So is your blog!!! Thanks for linking up with my linky:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Thanks for linking back to me :) I think your students will really love it. Mine seem to adore those little touches and it makes it feel more like home for me. You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute! I will be teaching 2nd grade in the fall and I'm SOOO excited!
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it looks awesome...im your newest follower...drop by =)


    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric color combo! I'm a new follower.
    Modern Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete